Friday, June 20, 2008

anniversary

8yearsb

"I hear the sound of those big jet engines - Shut down and fade away - The time it takes to open that door is just insane - There's someone on board I'm waiting for - It's so much more to me - Than just another plane..."

Ryan and I dealt with 1 1/2 years of distance, lots and lots of immigrations red tape (including a claim that our 20+ page file had been lost), and when he finally received his fiancee visa and landed in the USA... A Good Feeling. (Can I just say, worlds better from when I had to leave him in South Africa and endure the long and very lonely plane trip home?) We married June 20, 2000. Our 8 year anniversary is today! It's been a fantastic stretch of love, friendship, growth, children, silliness, new directions, harmony.

9 comments:

Benjamin Madison said...

Lovely photo and a beautiful post. Congratulations and may you have many more such anniversaries.

WichitaKsDailyPhoto said...

Congratulations - Happy Anniversary!

ananda.tashie said...

Thank you benjamin and wendy. :)

Dan said...

what a great picture. Nice work on this. and congratulations to you both!

Diederick Wijmans said...

Those are very nice things to read! Happy anniversary to both of you and may there come many more...!

Bob Crowe said...

Congratulations. That's very sweet and a nice piece of computer imagery, too. I didn't know that your husband is from another country. Where is his home?

ananda.tashie said...

Thank you Dan, Blognote, and Strange. :)

Strange - Ryan's from Pretoria, South Africa. :) Everyone asks him what brought him to the USA. Ahem, me! ;)

charliesgirl_992000 said...

Tasha, thats funny because I never realized we where both married in the year 2000. Hubby and I got married on Valintines day.
Happy anniversary and happy birthday.
luv Tammy

Pressure Washing Overland Park said...

Great read, thanks